Radisson Hotel Group today announces its Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol, a new program of in-depth cleanliness and disinfection procedures, in partnership with SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
One of Radisson Hotel Group’s highest priorities is the continued health, safety and security of its guests, team members, and business partners. The company has conducted a thorough review of all existing health and safety processes and worked with a team of experts to develop and validate additional protocols. These enhanced protocols, operational guidance and comprehensive health and safety procedures validated by SGS, will be adapted based on local requirements and recommendations, to ensure guests’ safety and peace of mind from check-in to check-out. Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol will further strengthen Radisson Hotel Group’s existing rigorous sanitation, cleanliness and disinfection guidelines at hotels globally.
These guidelines include hand sanitizing stations at all entrances, the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and protective screens, enhanced and recorded cleaning and disinfection frequency, social distancing in all areas of its hotels, including in the Meeting & Event facilities, training in local, Centers for Disease Control, or World Health Organization recommendations and health guidelines, reiteration of food safety standards and comprehensive staff training. Radisson Hotel Group’s enhanced cleaning and disinfection guidelines have been developed in collaboration with global hygiene solutions provider, Diversey, by uniting best-in-class cleaning and hygiene solutions with reinforced protocols and patented technology designed for healthcare.
Radisson Hotel Group will be introducing an official label of cleanliness and disinfection issued by SGS to ensure the highest Cleanliness, Hygiene and Safety standards, as confirmed by SGS through a centralized validation process. Under this program, individual hotels can receive an approval label upon completion of a comprehensive local audit including on-site testing using the latest technology.
“At Radisson Hotel Group, we are committed to delivering a clean and safe environment for our guests and team members. The world has been fundamentally changed by COVID-19 so it is key that we strive to protect all who work, stay and partner with us as we re-open our doors to a new era of travel. To do this we have thoroughly examined all areas of the hotel experience, and we are proud to have partnered with SGS to create our Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol program.” says Federico J. González, CEO, Radisson Hospitality AB and Chairman of Radisson Hotel Group’s Global Steering Committee.
Frankie Ng, CEO of SGS, adds that: “SGS’ global leadership in the Travel & Hospitality sector has enabled our network of health and safety experts to develop a comprehensive and straightforward protocol to check management procedures and disinfection status of hotels. Our goal is to ensure that maximum hygiene standards are met, to protect guests as well as Radisson Hotel Group team members.”
Radisson Hotel Group will soon be announcing an extension to its brand commitment which includes 20 Steps and an additional 10-Step protocol for Meetings & Events. The company expects to complete all the necessary operational details of this program over the next few weeks. Principles under consideration include:
- Increased cleaning and disinfection frequency of all hotel areas, paying special attention to high-touch items
- Stations installed with alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gloves at the front entrance and hotel public areas
- All room keys disinfected and presented safely upon check-in
- Express check-out process available for guests to minimize contact
- Cash-free methods of payments available and encouraged
- Door hangers displayed with cleaning and disinfection procedures in each room
- Comprehensive hygiene and preventions training programs for team members
- Team members provided with Personal Protective Equipment such as masks and gloves
On May 6th, the hotel announced a global Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol in partnership with SGS (www.sgs.com) , the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. The Radisson Safety Protocol outlines in-depth cleanliness and disinfection procedures, enhanced protocols, operational guidance and validation process to help ensure the safety of the employees and guests as one of the highest priorities.
To provide clarity to travellers, guests and the market in general, Radisson Hotel Group focuses on the following programs relating to Health, Safety & Security:
- We focus on the partnership with SGS as a key cornerstone for the Reopening & Return-to-business of Radisson Hotel Group hotels.
- You’ve most likely all seen the Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol video that has been shared on the various Social Media channels. Ensuring safe travel for the guests and a safe workplace for all the team members is the highest priority, so help us amplify the message by re-sharing the Radisson Hotels video on Twitter, Facebookand LinkedIn or liking it on YouTube and Instagram.
Radisson Hotel Group announced the Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol, a new program of in-depth cleanliness and disinfection procedures in partnership with SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company.
We’ve defined leading Safety & Security (S&S), Brand and Operations Standards to re-open the hotels that consider all guest touch points that are part of the guest journey and include a 20-step protocol and a 10-step protocol specifically defined for M&E. These protocols cover strongly recommended measures for the hotels to ensure the health, safety and security of the guests, team members and partners worldwide.
The principles under consideration for these protocols include:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting frequency of all hotel areas, paying special attention to high-touch items.
- Stations installed with alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gloves at the front entrance and hotel public areas.
- All room keys disinfected and presented safely upon check-in.
- Express check-out process available for guests to minimize contact.
- Cash-free methods of payments made available and encouraged.
- Door hangers displayed with cleaning and disinfection procedures in each room.
- Comprehensive hygiene and prevention training programs for team members.
- Team members provided with personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves
We are also introducing an official label of cleanliness and disinfection issued by SGS to ensure the highest Cleanliness, Hygiene and Safety standards for hotels that adapt these safety protocols.
Hotels that take the SGS Safety Protocol Pledge will have access to guest-facing collateral and marketing materials, as well as the SGS label, to help market the enhanced protocols to guests. Individual hotels can also receive an additional label if they pass a comprehensive local audit including on-site testing using the latest technology.
For regular updates on Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol, please visit: