August is all about celebrating the special women in our lives – the women who make us go “Whoa!” Business women making it work during a pandemic, stay-at-home moms who deserve a medal, the caregivers and the go-getters.
Women’s Month with the accompanying public holiday of Women’s Day on 9 August was first launched in South Africa in 1995, in commemoration of the 20 000+ women who, in protest to the extension of the oppressive Pass Laws to include women, marched to the Union Buildings on that day in 1956. Today we mark the month and day as a tribute to those women, as well as the many others from all walks of life, before and after that date, who fight for the freedom of all women.
With this in mind, City Lodge Hotel Group is running a special this Women’s Month that includes discounted weekend accommodation all month long as well as a special breakfast/brunch on Women’s Day, the public holiday of Monday, 9 August 2021. Special weekend accommodation rates are available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 31 August 2021 (inclusive) as well as Monday, 9 August. Why not take a mini-break on the Women’s Day long weekend, when rates start at R700 per night per room, single or double occupancy, and women will receive a R100 voucher to be used against a future stay.
Book online at www.clhg.com by selecting the “Women’s Day” rate. Valid at all trading Courtyard Hotels from R999, City Lodge Hotels from R799, Town Lodges from R749 and Road Lodges from R700, subject to availability and not to be used in conjunction with any other specials or negotiated rates. Rate are net and non-commissionable, and include VAT and tourism levy.
A scrumptious Women’s Day breakfast/brunch costs just R150 per person and will include a selection:
- Fruit skewers, breakfast cereals, Bircher muesli, plain or fruit yoghurt, full cream or low-fat milk
- Fish of the day, cold meats and cheese
- Freshly baked bread (white, brown, rye, health and gluten-free), choice of jams, marmalade or honey
- Cake of the day and chocolate-coated croissants
- Bacon, beef or pork sausage and grilled tomato
- Chef’s Special of the Day: Eggs Benedict, Nutella pancakes or breakfast bagel
- Choice of eggs: Scrambled, fried, poached, boiled or omelette
Beverages: Smoothies, fresh seasonal fruit juice, freshly brewed filter coffee, teas
There is also a bespoke cocktail to enjoy during Women’s Month:
- City Sunset (R60) consists of London Dry Gin infused with elderflower extract and freshly pressed orange juice, served tall over cracked ice with a strawberry float
- City Sunset (Virgin) (R30) consists of Elderflower extract infused with freshly pressed orange juice, served tall over cracked ice with a strawberry float
Lindiwe Sangweni-Siddo, chief operating officer, says, “South Africa has many strong and resourceful women, historically and today, who serve as an example of how to improve the lives of all women through compassion and collaboration. We at City Lodge Hotel Group are delighted to recognise this rich heritage and offer a special rate for our valued female guests during the month of August.”